Vendor Spotlight is on Sharon Morgera Calligraphy & Illustration; with over 25 years in the business Sharon’s custom scripts and fonts are an art form like no other.
1. How did your business come to be?
I have been interested in creating art my whole life and dabbled in calligraphy in high school. When I moved to Newport, I was fortunate to meet and apprentice with world-renown bravura penman, Raphael Boguslav with the goal of perfecting my hand to begin taking on freelance projects. Wedding calligraphy soon became my focus and I’ve been happily coordinating with brides and wedding planners for the past 30 years. In addition, I have worked toward a certificate program in Natural Science illustration at RISD so often include illustrations in my work. Custom maps have become a popular item for events so I continue to enjoy drawing to that end as well.
2. What are the services you offer?
I offer hand lettering and illustration work for any occasion from invitations, envelope addressing, escort cards, mirrors to custom maps, menus and event guides. I hand mix my inks to coordinate with any color scheme and have several styles to choose from. I can also create custom fonts if a bride has a style she is inspired by.
3. Where are you located and how far are you willing to travel?
I am located in Middletown, RI and am happy to travel anywhere I’m needed!
4. How far in advance do you recommend clients to book?
For a full invitation design, I ask for 3 months notice. Custom maps generally take one month. For most other projects, 2 weeks is sufficient. Ideally, once a bride knows she wants to commission me, I will put the work on my calendar in advance.
5. What advice do you always give to brides?
My advice to brides would be to make sure that her inspiration style is coordinated and discussed with anyone else in her family or wedding party that would have influence or an opinion so that by the time she commissions her invitation designer or calligrapher, everyone is in agreement. That saves everyone time and expense once the project is underway.
Vendor Spotlight is on Sharon Morgera Calligraphy & Illustration; with over 25 years in the business Sharon’s custom scripts and fonts are an art form like no other. 1. How did your business come to be? I have been interested in creating art my whole life and dabbled in calligraphy in high school. When I […]
Crisp winter whites evoke intrigue when paired with cozy furs, rich flora, and a dash of shine!
3. Icy white tulle embroidered with silver flowers is layered over opalescent sequins for a modern take on a classic silhouette by Liancarlo. Available at A Little Something White.
4. Traditional all-white wedding cake gets the floral treatment by Something Different Cake Couture. Photographed by Allegro Photography.
5. The soft hues of this winter bouquet by Flowers by Semia blend seamlessly with a tulle gown and fur stole. Photographed by Melissa Stimpson Photography.
6. Cozy up in this all white event lounge complete with gold sequin pillows and fur ottomans by Reserve Modern Event Rental. Photographed by Lea St. Germain Photography.
7. Pure white gown is accessorized beautifully with a fur stole and an all-white bouquet designed by Lilacs. Event Planning by Elegant Engagements at Wequassett Resort and Golf Club. Photographed by Joe Mikos Photography.
Crisp winter whites evoke intrigue when paired with cozy furs, rich flora, and a dash of shine! 1. Pops of yellow add warmth to this winter bouquet designed by Marc Hall Design. Photographed by Corinna Raznikov. 2. This sophisticated invitation suite is fit for any kind of event! Designed by Papers and photographed by Molly […]
Flora and fauna are contrasted with a curated collection of nineteenth and twentieth century art for this After the Hunt feast at the Harvard Art Museums.
The surrounding architecture and early twentieth century art collection at the Harvard Art Museums inspired floral designer Marc Hall of Marc Hall Design and Nilda Martin of Reserve Modern Event Rentals to create a sumptuous after the hunt rehearsal dinner. “The evening was curated with appointments that blurred the distinction between modern and old world, Marc explained. “Modern furniture and couture design elements juxtaposed a Renaissance inspired display of food, flora and fauna.” Setting the tone for the night was an exceptional invitation suite designed by Tribe Design + Events. Custom made metallic marbled paper was encased in an envelope hand-sewn with metallic thread and sealed with vintage stamps describing what could be expected of the feast. Textures were prominent throughout the overall design from décor to fashion. Tables were covered with luxurious linens ranging from quilted silk in game prints to crushed velvet in rich reds from Table Toppers, while a fur stole and a feather bow tie accessorized the bride and groom. The grazing table was decorated with an elaborate display of food and floral sculptures. A mouth-watering roast was surrounded by colorful root vegetables and decadent cakes prepared by The Catered Affair. An artisan copper bar with an antler mirrored backdrop from Reserve Modern Event Rentals introduced metallic elements to the décor. Adjacent to the bar, an event lounge was comprised of lacquered knotted tree stumps that served as cocktail tables, a gilded crown chair, and contrasting animal hide rugs. A menagerie of curiosities such as skulls, horns, and feathers completed the design. “Our belief is that a great party starts by creating a thoughtful and beautifully styled environment that is not only visually stunning, but functional and exciting for guests. We accentuated an already gorgeous space by adding areas that became event jewelry and focal “wows” transforming the familiar environment,” explained Nilda Martin of Reserve Modern Event Rentals.
Flora and fauna are contrasted with a curated collection of nineteenth and twentieth century art for this After the Hunt feast at the Harvard Art Museums. The surrounding architecture and early twentieth century art collection at the Harvard Art Museums inspired floral designer Marc Hall of Marc Hall Design and Nilda Martin of Reserve Modern […]
Glistening gold tones give luster, refinement and a sense of luxury to create a perfectly polished soirée.. after all the holidays are around the corner! We have all your glistening inspiration right here!
3. Diamonds are forever, but yellow diamonds make a statement. This stunning engagement ring is available at Long’s Jewelers.
4. Elegant script dances on gilded paper designed by Paper Perfectionist.
8. Layering gold bangles glisten with diamonds. Available at Long’s Jewelers.
9. Entertain in style with Graffito ceramics paired with an 18-karat gold glazed charger and accent pieces. Handmade in Italy. Gift registry available at Giardini di Sole.
Glistening gold tones give luster, refinement and a sense of luxury to create a perfectly polished soirée.. after all the holidays are around the corner! We have all your glistening inspiration right here! 1. Fanciful place setting from Peterson Party Center in contrasting gold prints placed upon sequin linen from Table Toppers has a glamorous […]