From the east to the west, two diverse cultures unite under a canopy of hanging flora surrounded by friends and family to watch their love story come to life.
An American and Hong Kong flag waved guests into a majestic tent overlooking Newport Harbor where the reception was held. The location paid homage to Jim’s upbringing in Newport, RI while Katherine’s Chinese heritage was represented through a dim-sum cocktail hour and a traditional Chinese Tea Ceremony. “Our wedding planner, Exquisite Events made everything come together beautifully & seamlessly,” Katherine recalled.
1. Katherine, an established eveningwear designer made all of the gowns including her own.
2. The Chinese symbol for double joy was embroidered on each napkin and served as a place card holder as well.
3. The dashing duo sharing their first slice of cake.
4. Little flower fairy covers the aisle with petals.
5. Luxe lounge offers a place to relax between dances.
6. A blend of roses, snapdragons, snowberries, and peonies in pedestal bowels lined the tables.
7. Standing upon a carpet of petals under a canopy of snowberry, roses, and hanging strands of dendrobian orchids they said “I do.”
8. Katherine’s bouquet, along with the entire floral design by Sayles Livingston Design featured soft, romantic blooms.
9. The night concluded with a sparkling tunnel leading them off to their honeymoon.